Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Block-of-the-Month 2012

I completed Block #1 of a Block-of-the-Month that my friend Karen of Briarside Lane is hosting this year.  She is actually making two versions - one in Fall fabrics and another in Christmas fabrics.  I chose to make my quilt with Thimbleberries fabrics.  (I have quite a collection since I have been 'gathering' Thimbleberries fabrics for several years to make a "Dear Jane" quilt.)

Each BOM will consist of a framed 12" block surrounded by a variety of other blocks.

Beginning in the upper right hand corner and working counter clockwise around the block, this is the main block.  They are going to all be 12" blocks from Quilters Cache with permission from Marcia.

Then in the upper left hand corner are these cute lil' hour glass 2 1/2" blocks.

Followed by 6" log cabin blocks using an array of fabrics...one of my favorite blocks.

In the lower left hand corner I have used a faux applique that is from the Thimbleberries BOM 2009 fabric collection.  The name of the BOM is "3's Company".  Gorgeous collection of warm, inviting colors.

And some more log cabin blocks along the bottom to tie it together.

With some simple 2 1/2" strips to complete Block #1.  (I haven't decided if I want to change this to a four-patch or something else to bring in some beige background fabrics here.)

I'm looking forward to participating in this fun BOM during 2012.
And you...what are some of your 2012 projects?

Blessings, denise  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment