Sunday, October 3, 2010

I Had The Time of My Life...With T!M

I recently had the pleasure of spending two days - taking three classes - with Tim Holtz. Check him out at timholtz.com if you are not familiar with his fabulous art work. He is such a genuine and generous soul. Luv him! His business manager, Mario, is a great guy as well.

Always ready to pose for a photo no matter how busy they both might be. And there were lots of us crazy peeps (both women and men) who wanted autographs and photos with T!M and Mario. :D

Look at this awesome goodness of goodies that T!M shared with us to make our Shadow Boxes. Treasures galore...vintage toy cars (my favorite), old wires and buttons and game pieces and type set letters...plus all his line of ideaology embellishments. What a treat!

This is T!M's Shadow Box project. This was an all-day class with a delicious lunch provided.

Here's another shot with the door open. Such wonderful bits and pieces.

This was one of the half-day classes - Creative Blocks. Cool little bitty canvases on a larger canvas with T!M's papers and trinkets.

This is the other half-day class - a beautiful Grunge Board Book. We learned to paint with the dabbers and distress and dye ribbon and make pretties.

Here's my finished Creative Blocks project. Each item was carefully chosen...the calendar is my birth month (July)...I'm 55...I love birds...the bottle cap paper has a root beer cap - my mom loved root beer floats.

And here's my almost finished Shadow Box. I still have a few things I want to add in some of the little nooks and I need to finish my door with some beads and baubles. T!M gave us all a frozen charlotte head...plus all the other treasures. He is fabulous!

I had the time of my life...with T!M. He is a true blessing to anyone who has had the pleasure of taking a class with him.
As T!M says, "Enjoy the journey."
denise









No comments:

Post a Comment