Sunday, February 14, 2010

What is Love?

What is Love? That was the title of a chunky book page swap (6" x 6") on ATCS for All - a wonderful websites for swaps. They have all sorts of swaps if you are interested in participating. My favorites are ATCs, chunky book pages, and inchies. For this swap I used a collection of papers and some embellishments that were part of the collection. I also used various stamps, clip art, and embellishments. And of course there's Tim Holtz distressing technique and some of his wonderful idealogy line and stickles.

Love is my furry friends...our cats (L.S. and Laura) and our dogs (Belle, Liberty, and Roxy). They love us unconditional and accept us for who we are - warts and all. Luv those babies!

Love is a kiss - from a friend or a loved one. It warms my heart and fills my soul with love. "Live each day like you mean it."...kiss someone today!

Love is found in all sorts places...often hidden from plain sight. Look for love every day and every where. All God's creature have love to give - even when we are often the most difficult to love.

Love is creating and sharing what I do. Art is a true gift from God. I've been told it's selfish of me to want to spend so much time is my "creative world"...blogging, reading other people's blogs, spending precious moments in my workroom, getting together with friends old and new, taking classes to learn new techniques, or shopping for gotta-have goodies. But I know using God's gift is not selfish and I will not let those negative words poison my passion. "Let what you love be what you do."

Love is everywhere...look for it. "Be happy in the moment."

I just love this little girl...her laughter and glee...her infectious smile.
May God's love warm your heart - heal your hurts - soothe your soul.
You are loved! Hugs, Denise



7 comments:

  1. Your book is lovely, I like what you've written along side each page, beautiful thoughts. Don't think of your creative time as selfish, I feel God gave you this love of creativity, it's a gift from Him to enjoy and for others to share. God is the original artist. We, that is all of us.... over centuries, get our inspiration from nature, colours, textures, varied things, and the world around us, and he created this beauty for us to enjoy. So do this and enjoy your art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOW Denise!!! Your book is FABULOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. xoxoxoxoxohappydayofheartsxoxoxox,
    rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful book ... looks like a treasure to keep forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful book! And everything you've written along with sharing it here .. very inspirational.
    And I very much agree - God gave you the gift of art & one of the best parts of that gift is the ability (especially with our blogs & all) to share it with the world. Who knows who will see your blog or receive a gift of something you've created - and find a way themselves to find God's gift to them? Alexandria said it best - God is indeed the original artist - look all around us to see His gifts.

    ReplyDelete