Thursday, January 2, 2014

Blue Monday

Well, one of my New Year's Resolutions is to blog on a more regular basis.

It makes my heart smile when I go back and see that there are
real-live visitors who read my blog and
 my faithful followers who stop by every now and again.

I feel like I'm letting these fellow bloggers down by not having anything new,
so here we go with my first post of many for 2014.

It's Blue Monday!



You can read more about Blue Monday on Smiling Sally's blog. 
Participants are invited to post something blue on their blogs each Monday.

Here's what I have for you today...


This is my best friend and bestest sister, Sherri.
We were in Ruidoso, New Mexico on a horse-drawn sleigh ride.

It was gently snowing on us as we enjoyed the jingle bells and Christmas lights.
Then we were warmed by a cup of yummy hot chocolate.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Next I want to share something very special to me...


The necklace above is one of my late mother's many pieces of jewelry.
She always was so well put-together --- 
with beautiful pieces that complemented her outfits
(Which more often than not were handmade.)

Her jewelry wasn't fancy - what most call  "costume jewelry" -
but she was always gorgeous in my eyes!


I was in an online Charm Swap awhile back.
The color theme was blue and silver.
I made my charms from my mother's necklace. 
I wanted to share her legacy.  :)


And now I'd like to share her legacy with you as well.

Here's what you gotta do:

First leave a comment on my blog.
    Then I will contact you about a one-on-one charm swap.
   (ie you send me a charm and I send you a charm.)

Simple as that!  What do you say?...wanna play?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks for stopping by.
blessings, denise  :D

10 comments:

  1. I love that you are up cycling your Mom's jewelry. Yes, I would love to trade charms with you just to get one of your Mother's beads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ilene. Thank you for commenting on my blog. Makes me smile. :)

      Can you PM me at deex355@aol.com and give me your address? Then I can send you one of the charms.

      Hugs, :D

      Delete
  2. I love that you are doing things with your mom's jewelry. I imagine that she would like that very much. My mom did not have very much, and what she had was worn, broken, or with missing pieces--I cherished it all regardless. The charms that you made from her necklace are wonderful--her jewelry can now be cherished and loved by others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Shirley. I appreciate you stopping by and visiting my blog. I have left a comment on your blog about sending me your address so that I can send you a charm.
      hugs, denise :D

      Delete
  3. Denise,
    I did that with my Aunt Jewelry and I'm sure, like your Mom, she is up there smiling, so you bet I'd like to swap a charm with you.
    HUgs,Kathie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kathie.
      Thank you for commenting on my blog. Makes me smile. :)

      Can you PM me at deex355@aol.com and give me your address? Then I can send you one of the charms.

      Hugs, :D

      Delete
  4. Wow, what a sweet way to use your Mom's necklace, great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise, I love the idea of sharing part of something so meaningful to you with others. I've saved pieces of my Grandma's jewelry, nothing expensive but seeing them make me think of her and warms my heart. Would love to join in the swap. I've been away from ATT for a long time too, but don't think anybody missed me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. How special to make charms from your Mom's necklace. I am glad you are feeling better! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! Sharing pieces of your Mom's love--the thought just makes me smile. I envision all these little hearts spreading around the map; how fortunate you both are. My mom had JEWELRY--she worked in a jewelry store. But it really worked out just fine because my sister wanted the JEWELRY and I wanted the jewelry (several pieces of which she had made). From our Yahoo group you know I run on, but I'm enjoying reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete