Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Whoa, Neely!  Where did the time go?  It has been soooo long - toooo long - since I last wrote.  So welcome back!  And a BIG thank you to the readers who continue to return to my lil' place in blogland - and to the first-time visitors as well!

I recently had the privilege of teaching a class for the guild of which I am a member.  The quilt we made was on the cover of the book - Stack a New Deck by Karla Alexander.  She also wrote Stack The Deck, another wonderful quiltmaking book.  I love her technique.

 
For my quilt I chose batiks...because that is what she used and because I had an abundance of them that I have collected over the years.  (Imagine that!)

 
 After piecing all my blocks, I laid them out on my design wall - which is an old blanket on a curtain rod.  Fancy - huh?  :}

 
 After I determined I was pleased with my lights and darks distribution and everyone was playing well with each other, I added the setting triangles.

 
Then I added my borders.  Now my plan was...and still is...to applique a nice Jacobean design with flowers, a pineapple (for friendship), a bunny and a bumble bee, and a bit of berries.  I designed the applique border, but have not quite found time to complete it.  Someday...someday.  :)
 
 
Here are just a few of the blocks made by the ladies at the workshop.  They loved it and each of them did an awesome job.

May your days be filled with happy quilting smiles.
blessings, denise  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment