Saturday, July 30, 2011

Once a Raider - Always a Raider!

My sister, Sherri, and I recently took to trip to Lubbock, Texas where we were born and later went to college at Texas Tech University. We drove through the campus...wow! What a change! Of course it has been a decade or two since we both graduated from there. :)


The well-known Will Rogers statue greets you as you enter the campus from University Drive.
(Photo from Texas Tech website.)


The Education building where I took so many of my upper class classes. After a few changes of my major - first Architecture (I wanted to be an architect and design schools and homes)...then after realizing that required a lot of math I switched to Interior Design. I got married along the way - had my beautiful daughter, Jenn - and eventually graduated with a dual degree in Elementary Education and Art Ed. I was convinced by my parents and then-husband that education was a field in which one could always get a job. And of course quite well-suited for a female of the times.

(Photo from Texas Tech website.)

Sherri graduated with a degree in business and computer science after beginning with a major in Communication. Our parents convinced her there was no $$$ to be made in that field though. Funny how others can have such an influence on our career paths - isn't it?
(Photo from Texas Tech website.)




We stopped by the Alumni Association Building. It is gorgeous with rooms full of wonderful Texas Tech history and memorabalia.




And since I was not able to afford a senior ring at graduation, I had to take my photo with this BiG ring! Go Raiders!


To memories of years long ago...and those of just yesterday. Cherish them all - big or small.
denise :D

No comments:

Post a Comment